1st National Biomedical Engineering Conference (NBEC 2021)
9-10 November 2021
Advanced Technology for Modern Healthcare
The NBEC 2021 will be using Airmeet software platforms to provide the full conference experience.
Airmeet requires all presenters and attendees to be pre-registered with their email address prior to be given access to the conference platform. Please be informed that NBEC2021 will be pre-registering all presenters based on their email as registered through EDAS. Only emails that are registered with NBEC2021’s Airmeet will be granted entry access to the conference. It is important to note that the platform can only be access through ONE (1) device via the registered email address at a particular time.
Presenters are highly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Airmeet conference platform by covering certain basic features particularly pertaining to sharing of screen, testing audio and camera accessibility. Thus, NBEC2021 is organizing a virtual meet and greet for all presenters as follow:
Date : 8th November 2021
Time : 9.00am – 12.00pm (Malaysian Time, GMT +08:00)
Link : https://www.airmeet.com/e/12145170-3bdf-11ec-a499-839b390ed2d5
Session Title : 1st National Biomedical Engineering Conference (NBEC2021)
Do take the opportunity during the session to test the platform and enquire on any matter that you may have with regards to your presentation!
The full programme schedule is now available <<HERE>>
All times listed here are in GMT+8 (Malaysia, Singapore, The Philippines).
Engineering Services Division of Ministry of Health (MoH) Malaysia in collaboration with the Razak Faculty of Technology and Informatics (RFTI), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), and IEEE Kuala Lumpur Subsection are pleased to announce the 1st National Biomedical Engineering Conference (NBEC 2021) on the 9-10th November 2021 in Kuala Lumpur. In light of on-going developments resulting from the COVID-19 globally and after deliberate discussion and thoughtful consideration with our co-organizers and collaborators, we have decided to move our NBEC2021 Conference to a fully online, virtual experience.
The main objective of the conference is to explore the frontiers of Science and Technology in various areas addressing innovative research, improving the quality of research and development in the field of biomedical engineering. Besides, it also provides a venue and many opportunities to meet and network with academics, researchers, students and industry players from biomedical engineering fields and to share personal experiences as well as to learn from others. Researchers and scholars are encouraged to submit original and unpublished contributions. All submitted papers will go through peer review process, and acceptance papers will be based on the quality, originality, language and relevance.
Furthermore, conference participants who are Professional Technologists under Malaysian Board of Technologist (MBOT) can claim 6 CPD hours for participating in the conference (either as presenter or as attendee)
* Selected paper will be invited to publish in a selected Scopus indexed journal, however author needs to add 40% new content and bear the article processing charge
YBhg. Datuk Dr. Hishamshah bin Mohd Ibrahim
Deputy Director-General of Health (Research & Technical Support), Ministry of Health Malaysia
The topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
- Special Session on Covid-19 Pandemic
- Biomedical Sensors and Wearable Devices
- Medical Information technology- Biomedical and Health Informatics
- Rehabilitation Engineering
- Industrial 4.0, Telemedicine, Mobile Health and Internet of Things Technologies in Medical Applications
- Sport Engineering and Technology
- Bio-robotics and Bio-mechatronics
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Biomedical Imaging and Image Processing
- Medical Big Data and Machine Learning
- Application of AI for Biomedical Engineering
- Clinical Applications for Chronic Illnesses Detection
- Biomedical Engineering Education
- Cellular/Tissue Engineering and Biomaterials
- Clinical Engineering, Management and Sustainability
- Computational Systems, Modeling and Simulation
- Cardiovascular and Respiratory Systems Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Engineering, Smart Implants and Drug Delivery Systems
- Prosthetics and Orthotics Engineering
- Therapeutic and Diagnostic Systems and Technologies
- Bioelectronics and Bio-photonics
- Surgical Technology
- Bioelectrical and Neural Engineering