RRW PROJECT POSTER COMPETITION
OPEN FOR UNDERGRADUATE AND
POSTER PRESENTATION TRACK
Science, Management and Design
Poster Presentation Guideline
- The virtual poster must be one page. Additional pages will not be accepted
- Must be in English
- Must be in pdf format
- The file size may not exceed 25MB
- All files must be submitted as a PDF and named as Full Name_Institution Name_Sub Theme_Category (i.e. Irdeena_UTM_Engineering)
- Participants must also submit oral presentation video describing the poster.
- The theme of the poster must follow UTM’s branding guideline including logo and tagline.
- Poster size is A1 size (594mm x 841mm)
- Poster orientation must be in Portrait (Width: 594mm & Height: 841mm).
The main contents of the poster must include:
- Background / Problem Statement
- What problem/goal does research address?
- Why is problem important? Interesting?
- Why are current solutions insufficient?
- What are different approaches to problem? Pros/Cons?
- Which alternative did you choose?
- How did you do what you did?
- Findings / Expected FindingS
- Experimental results: performance graphs, tables
- Prototype implementation description (and evaluation)
- Description of new method for studying (new) problem
- Significance of Project
- Eg : to the field of study, community, etc
- Eg : Give a memorable conclusion / Propose future prospects / Elaborate on ideas spelled out in the intro / Challenge the audience
- Poster should be printed in English version.
- Relevant images/diagrams/ figures must be included.
- Researcher’s photo and details are located at the bottom of each poster.
- Poster exhibition will be post online
GUIDELINES FOR RESEARCH POSTER SUBMISSION
- Avoid long texts.
- Use short sentences.
- Emphasize text to illustrate research
- Use simple and clear words.
- Avoid acronyms.
- A roomy and coloured presentation draws the attention and encourages reading.
- Align visual objects.
- Local background can give context and highlight important ideas.
- Avoid large areas of dark coloured background, it warps the paper.
- Apply a uniform colour code
- Graphs: simplify them to the maximum. (Include only absolutely necessary data.)
- Photographs: give the context, the scale. (Complex equations, formulas: only if necessary
Poster VIDEO Presentation Guideline
- The presenter must make an appearance in the video and must narrate the presentation themselves.
- The research must be concisely explained, the content should include the problems, the idea of solution, and methodology.
- Narration and slides shall be in English.
- Maximum duration is 3 minutes only. Points will be deducted if the video exceeds the allotted time.
- The video shall be original and have never been published elsewhere before.
- Minimum resolution for the video shall be 720p.
- The title of research, name of the presenter, must appear in the video.
- The video format shall be either .avi, .mp4, and .webm files.
- The video file submitted must be named as Full Name_Institution Name_Track (i.e. Amanah Yassin_UTM_Engineering)
- Video size is kindly requested to be 100 Mb.
- The video must be uploaded using the link provided and should be submitted before or on the deadline (25th November 2021).
Rules and Regulations
- Open for UTM students
- The participation can be either individual or in a group.
- Shortlisted posters will be announced in 10th December 2021
- All participants are required to submit the oral presentation video as mentioned in the guideline.
- The posters will be evaluated by a special panel appointed by the faculty. The decision of the judges is final.
Registration is FREE.