3MT JUDGING CRITERIAHow the participants are judged and scored
Comprehension and Content
- Has the presentation provided an interpretation of the scope of the research topic which includes the background and its significance, thus describing terminology and avoiding jargon?
- Did the presentation explain precisely the impact and/or implications of the research, including findings and results?
- Did the presentation follow a clear and logical sequence?
- Was the thesis topic, research significance, results/impact and outcomes communicated in language appropriate to a non-specialist audience?
- Have the presenter spent enough time in each element of their presentation – or have they been working on one feature for too long, or has the presentation rushed?
Engagement and Communication
- Did the oration make the audience want to know more?
- Was the presenter careful not to trivialise or generalise their research?
- Did the presenter convey enthusiasm for their research?
- Did the presenter capture and maintain their audience’s attention?
- Did the speaker have sufficient stage presence, eye contact and vocal range; maintain a steady pace, and have a confident stance?
- Did the PowerPoint slide enhance the presentation – was it clear, legible, and concise?
Razak Faculty of Technology and Informatics
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Kuala Lumpur
Jalan Sultan Yahya Petra
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org