Computer Systems Engineering integrates few disciplines and specialty groups into a team effort forming a structured development process that proceeds from concept to production to operation. MSc. (Computer Systems Engineering) programme is the integration of systems engineering, software engineering and computer engineering knowledge. This programme will produce graduates who can work in a career related to the field of technology-driven and interdisciplinary or multi-technology in nature. They are able to design, develop and integrate between software and hardware that includes the embedded system equipped with security and software requirements.
This program will be conducted at Advanced Informatics School (UTM AIS), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur.
English language is the main medium for teaching & learning activities.
Graduates of the programme can work as Solutions Architect, Computer Systems Engineer, Systems Integrator, Systems Analysts, Software Engineer, Systems Managers, Systems Consultants, Academicians and Researchers. The graduates are also eligible to pursue their study PhD level at local or abroad institution.
Master Of Science (Computer Systems Engineering)
PROGRAM OBJECTIVES & OUTCOMES
Within 3 to 5 years upon graduation, it is expected that the graduates of the program are able to achieve the following:
- Able to develop innovative products in various aspects of systems engineering in local or international industry or government and to work in multidisciplinary and multitechnology teams as important contributor towards strategic objective of their organization.
- Able to demonstrate the mastery in all aspects of systems engineering that involves complex process, system and technology and engage in business opportunities.
- Able to demonstrate ethical responsibility through important leadership involvement with community and/or professional organizations and/or contribute towards a sustainable society.
- Able to recognize the importance of and engage in life-long learning through advanced formal education.
At the end of the programme students are able to:
1. Integrate and generate in-depth knowledge in the field of computer systems engineering into professional practices for resolving the current research issues in computer systems engineering.
2. Evaluate, analyze, develop and verify the performance of a solution to the problems that include products, systems, processes and complex technology in terms of usability, effectiveness and efficiency.
3. Evaluate situations and respond appropriately toward discussion and communication among peers and other.
4. Integrate the social skills, responsibilities, value, attitude and professionalism in profession, organization and society.
5. Using the latest research techniques and compile and adapt to contemporary knowledge to acquire, interpret and develop knowledge in the field of Computer Systems Engineering.
6. Display managerial and enterprising skills to prepare, publish and present technical material to diverse audiences.
Core Courses (Compulsory)
MANN 1013: Systems Engineering
MANN 1023: Embedded System Analysis and Design
MANN 1033: System Architecture, Bahaviour and Optimization
MANN 1043: System Design for Security
MANN 1053: System Processors and Peripherals
MANN 1063: System Testing and Evaluation
Elective Course (Choose three (3) only)
MANN 2093: Wireless Communication & Networking
MANN 2103: Machine Learning System
MANN 2113: Mobile Computing Systems Programming
MANN 2123: System Algorithms
MANN 2133: Trusted Computing
MANP 1433: Software Configuration and Management
MANP 1403: Software Quality Assurance
MANP 1613: Advanced Software Testing 3
MANP 1623: Advanced Software Process Improvement
MANN 1075: Project I
MANN 2087: Project II
University General Courses
UANP 0013: Research Methodology
Choose one (1) only
UANP 6013: Informatics in Society
UHAP 6013: Seminar on Global Development, Economic and Social Issues
UICW 6023: Philosophy of Science and Civilization
UPPF 6033: Dynamics of Leadership
UHAZ 6123: Malaysian Society and Culture
ULAM 6323: Malay Language for Postgraduates
UIBE 1123: Organizational Behavior and Development
UCCM 1263: IT Project Management
ULAJ 6013: Japanese Language
URCP 6013: Environmental Ethics
URCP 6023: Information and Communication Technology Ethics in Society
Course structure for Package 01 Students
Course structure for Package 02 Students
Student will be awarded with Master of Science (Computer Systems Engineering) or after graduating and meet the conditions set by UTM as below:
• Pass all courses with a total accumulated credit of 45 and pass CGPA of 3.0 and above.
• Achieved all conditions given in the preparation of Masters Project
• An applicant has applied for the award of Master of Science