All students taking a master by taught course programme at the UTM Razak School of Engineering and Advanced Technology are required to carry out a project, and to write it up and submit it in the form of a ‘project report’ which counts for a major component of awarded degree.
Regardless of the type of master project, all include the following academic expectations:
- the mastery of an appropriate set of academic material;
- an understanding of the major steps of the scientific approach (research design) or decision analysis (evaluation of management alternatives) and the successful application of these steps to a project problem;
- the ability to demonstrate critical thinking about a project problem and the application of appropriate analytical techniques in solving that problem;
- experience in both writing an academic report and giving an oral presentation to panel of evaluators on the methodology, analysis and findings of the study; and
- supervisors’ evaluation of the implementation and submitted project report.
This website delivers information regarding Master project coordinated by Master project Committee. Note that ‘school-wide’ information given in this website applies only to projects for master degree under the school regulations. Different guidance may apply for Master of Science (Sustainable Urban Design) and Master of Software Engineering. In the event of any inconsistency between the information in this website and any other school document, please contact your Programme Coordinator. Where an interpretation may be required, advice should be sought from the Deputy Dean of Academic of the school.