News and Events
FREE Briefing by Prof Dr Fatin Abdullah
30th June 2020
The first FREE activity we did at FTIR was an online briefing by Prof Dr Fatin Abdullah. In this briefing, she had introduced us to the idea and motivation of FREE implementation at UTM. During the briefing, we also conducted a simple survey to collect some information on the Active Learning implementation at FTIR.
SGL Briefing by Prof. Madya. Dr Naziha Binti Ahmad Azli
22 July 2020
16 SGL was appointed by the Faculty to lead 122 academic staffs at FTIR. To help SGL in their task, we organized a SGL briefing delivered by Prof. Madya. Dr Naziha Binti Ahmad Azli, Director of Curriculum Innovation & Development Unit (CIDU).
FREE Knowledge Sharing
9 September 2020
During this knowledge sharing, we shared again the importance of FREE program at UTM. We also introduced the 16 SGL to all academic staffs. Two interesting sharing sessions was delivered by Ir. Dr Liew Peng Yen (FREE GL for MJIIT) and Dr Norziha Megat Zainuddin (SGL for FTIR).
This month we work on the submission for NALI 2020 Competition and Symposium which will be held on the 7-10th Dec 2020.
We submitted 5 entries for the NALI2020 Competition:
- Dr Habibah & Team (Title: Virtual Reality for Learning and Acquiring Welding Psychomotor Skills)
- Dr Roslina Mohammad/ Dr Zaki Hassan (Title: Nurturing Children for Future Challenges in STEM Education)
- Dr Norulhusna/Dr Azlan (Title: Starting Young with STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Education is Fun)
- Dr Maslin & Team (Title: Enquiry-Based Science Education Approach to Improve Student Learning of Computer Science in Classroom)
- Dr Shadiya & Team (VIRTUAL COUNSELLING PLATFORM FOR STUDENTS’ MENTAL HEALTH AND PSYCHOLOGICAL WELLBEING )
And we submitted 3 entries for NALI2020 Symposium:
- Dr Suria & MSE Team(Video1: Title: Integrating Role-Playing and Project-Based Learning in Software Engineering Courses)(Video2: Title: Integrating Role-Playing and Project-Based Learning in Software Engineering Courses)
- Dr Siti Armiza & Team (Title: PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSESSMENT OF UNDERGRADUATE ENGINEERING STUDENTS FACING UNIVERSITY ACADEMIC LOAD )
- Dr Suraya & Team (Title: Modular Course Improvement for New Normal Learning)
Congratulations to our GL & SGL for winning 4 awards in NALI 2020 which was held on the 7-10th December 2020.