Engineering Doctorate (Eng.D)
Our Engineering Doctorate (Eng.D) programme is aimed at developing individuals who are able to conduct research at doctoral level by tackling real-life industrial problems and implement innovative solutions in which significantly contribute to the business performance of their companies.
Engineering Doctorate (Eng.D) is a mixed mode doctoral programme that embed the industrially-focused area into research with an aim of solving real-life-work-based problems. It combines research in engineering which incorporates training in business with management skills into developing innovative solutions to technological products or processes.
The Eng.D graduates will have equivalent doctoral-level qualification with more industrially-based focused than the conventional Ph.D. Research which aimed in solving real problems are able to make decisions inclusive of technical knowledge, business management and opportunity and contribute to innovative solutions
|1.||PROGRAM NAME||Engineering Doctorate (Engineering Business Management)|
|2.||AWARD NAME||Doctor of Engineering (Engineering Business Management)|
|4.||TEACHING INSTITUTION||Razak Faculty of Technology and Informatics UTM Kuala Lumpur|
STATUTORY BODY OF ACCREDITATION
|6.||LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION||English|
|7.||MODE OF STUDY||Mixed-Mode|
|8.||MODE OF OPERATION||Self-govern|
|9.||STUDY SCHEME||Full Time|
|10.||STUDY DURATION||Full-time: 3- 8 years|
|IMPLEMENTATION MODE||PACKAGE 1||PACKAGE 2|
|Classes During Weekday||Classes during Weekend|
|NUMBER OF SEMESTERS||MIN||MIN|
The Eng.D programme consists of two components: taught-course modules and research project. The taught-course components covering topics to enhance candidates’ knowledge and skills in Engineering Business Management (EBM). While, the scope of research project on industry-focused applied-research project, guided by academic and industrial supervisors is aimed at solving real-life-work-based problems innovatively. There are 8 modules that has to be completed by the candidate with a total of 24 credits. Candidates must achieve a minimum CPA of 3.00 for the taught course modules.
While the research projects contribute of 56 credits. This makes a total of 80 credits for the completion of the study. At the end of the study, the candidate must submit a dissertation and undertake an oral examination (viva-voce). The minimum period of study for candidates is 3 years (6 semesters) and a maximum of 8 years (16 semesters).
Credit of Modules (24) + Dissertation (56) = 80
Total credits accumulated for Eng.D programme is 80 credits
• Graduate able to acquire and apply indepth engineering business management knowledge that can give an impact to the industry and society of both national and international.
• Graduate able to become competent researchers with their expertise in the management engineering field who take into account the latest knowledge and within the professional code practice and integrity.
• Graduates able to nurture, promote professionalism and ethical responsibilities including contemporary issues, environmental awareness and lifelong learning
• Graduate able to become effective and innovative industry leaders in solving the real problems and are able to make decision inclusive of technical knowledge, business management and opportunity
RESEARCH PROJECT, SUPERVISION, ASSESSMENT & CAREER PROSPECTS
The Eng.D research project must be based on an industry. An agreement should be obtained from the top management of the industry or the cooperating company regarding their support and commitment to the Eng.D research project.
The candidate will be supervised by an Academic Supervisor who is a full-time graduate faculty of UTM and a co-supervisor who holds a senior management post in the industry. If necessary, more than one Academic Supervisor may be appointed for a candidate.
All taught course modules are graded according to the UTM postgraduate Grading System. The candidate must maintain a minimum 3.00 CPA and a minimum grade of B- for each taught course module. The candidate must submit a progress report of their research via online and present their progress at faculty colloquium. This colloquium is compulsory and evaluation of progress report is dependent on the outcome of the colloquium.
Work opportunity ranges from project work in the private sector via product development management, construction and product design to interaction design and usability experts.
|Engineering Doctorate (Eng.D)|
|Package 1||Package 2|
|Types of Fees||Local||International||Local||International|
|Processing Fee (Non-refundable)||RM 60||50 USD||RM 60||50 USD|
|Registration Fee||RM 500||RM 4,000||RM 500||RM 4,000|
|Programme Fee* Subject to change||RM 45,200||RM 51,200||RM 45,200||RM 51,200|
Scholarship and Financial Aids
Student can obtain financial assistance from:
(1) PTPTN: (http://www.ptptn.gov.my/web/guest/pinjaman)
(2) MARA (web address: http://www.mara.gov.my/web/guest/biasiswa-/- pinjaman-pelajaran).
(3) Student can also withdraw EPF savings. UTM will issue a support letter once the student has enrolled in the programme for the first semester.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in the relevant discipline from a recognized / accredited university, or
- Relevant industrial experiences may be considered as supplement to the entry qualifications. The candidate may either be a fresh graduate or a current employee of an industry related to the field of study.
How to Apply
Please visit http://admission.utm.my/apply-now/