Technical Instructions for Presentation for ICBAPS2020
UPDATED (4 May 2020):
We have prepared a Technical Instructions for Presentation to be followed during the day of the Virtual Conference (6-7 May 2020). The pdf version can be downloaded here.
Technical Instructions of Presentation
- Go to the following link to access to all virtual rooms. https://utm.webex.com/webappng/sites/utm/dashboard
- Virtual rooms can be accessed directly from Cisco Webex Meetings website or you can first download Webex Application to your device.
- Each virtual room have its own unique Meeting ID, Password and Link.
- To join the session through the web,
- Insert the Meeting ID and press ‘enter’ from your keyboard
- Insert the Password and click ‘OK’
- Click ‘Join Meeting’
- Otherwise, you can copy and paste the Meeting Link and press ‘enter’ from your keyboard
- To join the session through Webex App,
- Insert the Meeting ID and click ‘Join’
- Insert the Password and click ‘Next’
- Otherwise, you can copy and paste the Meeting Link and click ‘Join’
- Each session will be hosted by a Session Chair and assisted by a Session Vice-Chair.
- Session Chair will play all the recorded video of all presentations according to the schedule.
- Each presenter must be in the virtual room throughout the session. After your video has been aired, 3-5 minutes will be allocated for the Question & Answer session.
- There will be four (4) parallel sessions and eight (8) virtual rooms conducted during the conference, hence, please ensure that you are entering the correct virtual room for your session.
- Each presenter must have completed and returned the biography form to the Session Chair before the session starts.
The Dos in the Virtual Conference
- Do have proper equipment and the right technology.
- Do test your microphone before you video call. Test it by video conferencing your colleague before the conference.
- Do test your hardware and internet connection beforehand.
- Do turn off all notifications and make sure your cell phone is on silent.
- Do mute yourself when not talking.
- Do give your full attention to the participants as you would if you were in the same room.
- Do give everyone a chance to participate.
- Do wait for your turn to speak.
- Do speak clearly, concisely and use good manners.
- Do listen to attentively to everyone.
- Do limit meeting distractions.
- Do respect everyone‘s time.
- Do be courteous to other participants
- Do keep body movements minimal.
- Do maintain eye contact by looking into the camera.
- Do dress appropriately.
- Do make sure your room is well lit (side lighting is the best).
- Do set up a virtual background, if you don’t have time to tidy up your space.
- Do be careful about the documents or screens you’re sharing.
- Do stick to the time frames.
- Do be aware of potential cultural differences. It’s important to be prepared for communication challenges that may arise as a result of language barriers or differences in etiquette.
- Do be patient when things get complicated.
- Do make sure password protection is enabled.
- Do be yourself and have fun!
The Don’ts in the Virtual Conference
- Don’t wait until the session time to log in.
- Don’t position your camera too low, too high or hooked onto a different monitor. Weird camera angles can be very distracting and unflattering during video conference calls.
- Don’t invite unnecessary people.
- Don’t make distracting sounds.
- Don’t interrupt other speakers.
- Don’t multitask.
- Don’t shout.
- Don’t make distracting movements.
- Don’t carry on side conversations.
- Don’t talk over each other. Use the chat function to ask questions.
- Don’t wear “noisy” jewelry.
- Don’t open the irrelevant programs.
Guidelines for Virtual Video Presentation for ICBAPS2020
1) You should prepare a 15 minutes video presentation, having you presenting in front of a camera OR your voice over the PowerPoint OR a combination of any other creative methods of presentation. You may use multiple screens, one for the PowerPoint presentation and a smaller one including you as the presenter.
2) This video should not be more than 15 minutes in length.
3) The resolution of the video should be of high definition (720p or 1080p).
4) All information such as the title of your paper, authors’ name, affiliation as well as your photo must appear on the first slide of your presentation.
5) All presentation must be in English.
6) Audio commentary and all information on the slides must be clearly presented.
7) No background music is allowed.
8) Please send your:
i) downloadable video link
ii) presentation slides to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: ICBAPS2020 Virtual Presentation – Paper ID by 7th April 2020.
9) All virtual video presentations will appear in our website at https://razak.utm.my/icbaps2020/ on 7th May 2020 for two weeks only.
TIPS: You can find some useful tips in the following links.
i) For Giving Effective Virtual Presentations https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/insights/10-tips-giving-effective-virtual-presentations (written by Matt Abrahams)
ii) How to create voice-over narration for your PowerPoint Presentation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uk4CU7uobM (By Dawn Dubriel)