Ir. Dr. Ahmad Nizar
Ir. Dr. Ahmad Nizar is currently the Vice Presidents in The eCEOs Sdn Bhd and the Head of Project Delivery. Dr. Nizar is the former Director of Technical Marketing and Solutions in MIMOS, an organization that he served for almost 12 years. He is the expert in IoT and Artificial Intelligence (AI). Dr. Nizar is a Professional Engineer registered with BEM and taking the responsibility to design and architect complex system related to advance IoT system, control system and wireless communication in MIMOS.
Dr. Nizar attained his first Degree in Electronic Engineering from Akita University, Japan, Master’s Degree in Business Engineering Management from Warwick University, United Kingdom and PHD in Electrical Engineering, major in Internet of Thing (IoT) at UTM, Kuala Lumpur. He has more than 20 years of working experience in Microcontroller for Automotive Industries, Embedded Controller for General Purpose and Mobile Apps Development. He was appointed as a panel technical expert and mentor to MDEC’s grant recipients and Technical Advisor for Committee on Privacy at ISO level for Malaysian Smart Card Standard (MS ISO/IEC). On top of that, he became one of the Panel of Technical Expert for Wireless Sensor Network standard development for National Centre of Excellence for Sensor Technology under Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC).
He was also appointed as Industrial Advisory Panel Member of Board of Studies (BOS) on developing a new program under Master in Engineering (System Engineering) and Industrial Panel for Universiti Teknologi Malaysia and member of board study for undergraduate program under Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.
In 2017, he was appointed as a panel of judges for International Conference and Exposition on Inventions by Institution of Higher Learning (PECIPTA). He had filed his 12th patent application in MyIPO/WIPO and a reviewer panel for Elsevier journal under computers and electronics in agriculture.
During his employment in MIMOS, he led the R&D team for new product development and responsible for managing System Integration & Product Design Group. Main job functions in driving National R&D Center are managing Proof of Concept (PoC) Team, deal with external parties for technology transfer and to lead communication with vendor and technology partners. Deployed more than 12 Green Houses around Malaysia and has been appointed as panel expert in various organization related to smart farming system and intelligent agriculture.
- Industry Advisory Panel – Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Faculty of Computer Science (2018 – 2019)
- Project Owner/Master Planner– Precision Agriculture Project (2008)
- Project Owner/Technical Lead – FELDA, Design System Concept & Architecture(2008)
- Project Steering Committee (PSC) Member – ISO level for Malaysian Smart Card Standard (2008)
- Chief Designer – MIMOS (Integration with Intel, Kontrom, UPM), Wireless Sensor Technology (WSN) Initiatives (2007)
- Product Marketing/Field Application Manager – Renesas Technology Malaysia, New Product Development (2006 – 2007)
- Field Application Engineer – Renesas Technology Malaysia, Car Audio Platform project (2005 – 2006)
- Assistant Manager – Hitachi Asia Malaysia, Banking System Malaysia for Smart Card Application project (1998 – 2003)
- IC Application Engineer – Hitachi Semiconductor Japan, Design Team for 4ch Power IC for Car Audio (1998)
- Solution Application Engineer – Hitachi Asia Singapore, Firmware Development of Design Kit and Emulator for Microcontroller (1997)