Master of Philosophy (Policy Studies)
This program is specially designed to produce knowledgeable, skillful and expert Science, Technology and Innovation policy makers and researchers. This program trains graduates to create a continuous flow of innovative ideas by leveraging on the existing stock of knowledge in STI related policies that will benefit industry and the research community.
UTM Perdana School is committed in training as professionals to incorporate problem solving skills and knowledge to improve the quality of policy development and implementation in science, technology and innovation.
This program will be conducted at Razak Faculty of Technology and Informatics, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur.
English language is the main medium for teaching & learning activities.
MODE OF STUDY
This program is fully research-based.
|Mode||Min Semester||Max Semester|
The program requires a nominal duration of three semesters (1 1/2 years). The progress of the student is assessed each semester through a progress report. The degree is awarded based on a comprehensive examination (viva voce) of the doctoral thesis submitted by the student at end of study. All Master of Philosophy research are supervised by academic staffs from the Graduate Faculty member.
Bachelor’s degree in any field of study or a related discipline from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or any other institutions of higher learning recognized by the UTM Senate.
International Student English Requirements
Upon being accepted into the program, all international candidates are required to produce their English Qualification in the form of IELTS (min 6.0) or TOEFL (min 550).
All international students applying to UTM must have a valid two-year old TOEFL or IELTS certificate.
For exempted from the UTM English language requirement, click here.
|Mode of Study||Local (RM)||International (RM)|
- All tuition fee must be paid at the beginning of each semester
- Total tuition fee for both programs are subject to normal duration
- Any extra semester will be charge according to university charges
- Personal bond is refundable after full settlement of the tuition fees.
- All payments should be made to “Bendahari UTM” via bank draft and addressed directly to Perdana School of Science, Technology, and Innovation Policy (UTM Perdana), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Jalan Sultan Yahya Petra, 54100 Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA.
*Personal bond may vary to countries and refundable after full settlement of the tuition fee
** Reimbursable upon graduation